ICDF Trinidad & Tobago
Country Representative Celeste Ollivierre-James
Vision / Calling
As a Non-Profit organisation of Christian dancers and movers:
- We desire to honour and represent God who has expressed His nature in this world through creating beauty, colour, movement, variety and community. God has communicated with us both through the written and verbal word and the non-verbal word of his creation, body action and symbol. Supremely He gave this in His son Jesus Messiah who both spoke and was the Word of God.
- We want to work together in the church to bring more freedom, healing and joy into the body of Christ through the experience of moving in worship, prayer, exercise and community.
- We are a visual and relating generation wanting to release the good news to those around us who have turned away from the church and need to encounter the message in a way that is relevant to them.
- We seek to engage and serve our global world where dance in all people groups is an important means of cultural expression, creativity and non-verbal language. We want to bring beauty, meaning, healing and fitness to those who are challenged and those who need a challenge.
- We aim to be a bridge from the church into the world where dance is enjoyed both as entertainment, therapy, exercise and spiritual exploration, all representing the Kingdom of heaven. mobilising the movement arts in ministry and mission
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
-- 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)
You will never again be called ‘The People God Left.’
Your land will never again be called ‘The Land God Destroyed.'
You will be called ‘The People God Loves.’
Your land will be called ‘God’s Bride,’
because the Lord loves you,
and your land will be his.
-- Isaiah 62:4 (ERV)